top of page


What is Radon? Why is Radon harmful if found in my home?

Radon is a colorless and odorless naturally occurring radioactive gas. Outdoors radon is present in trace amounts and is able to dissipate rapidly. Radon becomes a problem if it is trapped indoors.

It can enter your home through cracks and other abnormalities in the foundation. When radon becomes trapped it builds up and causes continuous exposure. This is when radon becomes harmful. It causes respiratory issues and has even been known to be a contributing cause of lung cancer.

The good news is, radon can be controlled! As the homeowner, we can provide you with a do-it-yourself test kit. The kits are simple to use and come with all the packaging and labels for easy return to our DEP licensed lab. You should receive your results in about 3-4 business days. As a part of our Builder and General Contractor services, our company is DEP licensed to mitigate (remove) radon. We will visit your home and provide you with a free Radon Reduction System estimate.

**Please note that we are only licensed to mitigate radon, we cannot test for it. The homeowner is responsible for performing the simple do-it-yourself test.

bottom of page